Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapy Assistant implements occupational therapy programs and provides occupational therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of occupational therapy, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
2. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to develop programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
4. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
5. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
6. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
7. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
8. Implements a patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Occupational Therapist.
9. Provides individualized occupational therapy interventions including application of therapeutic techniques in such areas as, but not limited to:
*sitting and standing tolerance
*activities of daily living
*physical agent modalities
10. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in consultation with the Occupational Therapist.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Location/Region: Goochland, VA (23063)