The University of Virginia (UVA) School of Nursing invites applications for Clinical Simulation Debriefer to join the faculty at the rank of Instructor. The Clinical Simulation Debriefer is responsible for providing leadership, consultation, and evidence-based education as a nursing simulation expert; for clinical curriculum, experiences and activities occurring at the CSLC for student nurses. Responsibilities include facilitation, instruction, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education involving the use of simulation technology. The Clinical Simulator Debriefer reports to the Director of CSLC for simulation related affairs and to the Department Chair for faculty role responsibilities.
- Serve as a facilitator for academic nursing simulation-based experiences/activities — guiding, supporting, and seeking out ways to assist participants in achieving expected outcomes and course objectives.
- Facilitate the adult learning process that creates a safe non-threatening learning environment that supports learning across the health care continuum including, adjusting content and teaching strategies appropriate for the learners’ needs.
- Focus on student assessment and evaluation to modify and enhance the program as needed to meet student needs.
- Collaborate to develop and modify evidence-based simulation scenarios to meet the curricular requirements of novice to advanced students in nursing and in inter-professional learning, promoting student learning, critical thinking and clinical decision making.
- Supervise adjunct faculty as academic clinical simulation facilitators, providing oversight and feedback to ensure quality.
- Plan, prepares, and maintains materials for use in simulation programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience including developing and updating educational and training materials.
- Oversee the collection of evaluation data on learning outcomes for simulation activities/experiences and collaborates with faculty to disseminate findings.
- Attend appropriate department and curriculum committee meetings, providing input on the clinical simulation aspects of the nursing programs, and working with fellow faculty to strengthen simulation strategies across the curriculum.
- Maintain proficiency in existing and emerging simulation technologies through learning and development education and research activities
- Evaluate equipment needs (capitol and operating) and makes recommendations to CSLC Director.
- Participate in other school and University committees as part of the faculty role
- Candidates must have a MSN in nursing is required by the start date of the appointment. PhD/DNP in Nursing, preferred. Applicants must have 2 years minimum clinical experience.
- Licensure in Virginia by the start date of the position is required.
- Applicants with a Certified Health Care Simulation Educator Certification and previous simulation experience is highly preferred.
- Candidate must have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, and should actively promote diversity.
- Candidate should have the ability to balance multiple priorities and work independently.
This is a part time faculty appointment is at 24 hours per week.
An official offer of employment is contingent on a successful background check and completion of a medical screening as set by the University of Virginia Health System.
Ranked among the top nursing schools in the nation by US News and World Report, UVA aims to create a diverse community of students, scholars, and staff who aspire to achieve excellence in education, research, and clinical experiences. The UVA School of Nursing has been actively engaged in IDEA, our Inclusion, Diversity and Excellence Achievement initiative. We are deeply committed to developing a community that is inclusive, respectful, and considers diversity to be a key part of our excellence. We seek applicants whose experience, research, and teaching have prepared them to substantially contribute to this mission. We welcome, in particular, applicants from groups who have been historically underrepresented in nursing, including racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, veterans, people with disabilities, and men.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for (R0017365). Complete an application online and see below for documents to attach.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, ( R0017365) complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box or you can combine them into one PDF.
- Complete an application online and attach:
- Cover letter of interest describing current practice and teaching experience,
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three references
This position is open until filled.
For more information, visit www.nursing.virginia.edu, or contact us directly:
Ryne Ackard, search committee chair: email@example.com
Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Charlottesville, VA (22901)