The Sr. Lending Officer proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Bank of America mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. May provide dedicated training and coaching support to one or more Lending Associates. The Sr. Lending Officer supports and encourages the Lending Associate on new business development. The Sr. Lending Officer may be involved in interviewing and talent selection activities for new Lending Associates. In this on-going sales role, the Sr. Lending Officer continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Sr. Lending Officers network may consist of Real Estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Sr. Lending Officers regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations. May be partnered with a Lending Associate to provide guidance around all aspects of the sales process. The Sr. Lending Officer responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both the Sr. Lending Officer contacts and from other Bank of America business channels and includes the Lending Associate in these activities for developmental purposes. The Sr. Lending Officer conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determines customer financing objectives, advises customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers any additional required information while including the Lending Associate in these activities for developmental purposes. The Sr. Lending Officer ensures overall exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
- Two to three years of experience in a loan origination experience
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Ability to manage a heavy pipeline of 50 plus loans
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Teamwork and customer service skills a must
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing task
- Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills
Posting Date: 03/28/2017
Location: US-VA-Charlottesville, US-VA-Richmond, US-VA-Virginia Beach, US-VA-Fredericksburg
Language: Language --
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift