We are expanding our Waukesha Facility and have a new opportunity available for a senior level electronics engineer to participate in the development and testing of new high performance mixed signal products. This position will also assist in developing our existing software base. Individuals will have the opportunity to create new design proposals and specifications and prototype testing of new control algorithms, both in lab and on real products!
Creating software specifications
- Costing, project planning and the supervising projects from concept to production;
- Conducting FMEA/DFMEA and design reviews
- Supervising project documentation, BOM, test procedures, manuals etc.
- Designing new control algorithm and Applications Engineering
- Designing new software modules and developing supporting documentation
- Creating test specifications for new systems
- Maintaining existing software and documentation
- Participating in formal design reviews
- Testing new hardware designs via custom software
- Creating PC based testing tools (in software)
Bachelor’s degree in software, electronics, or related discipline
5 plus years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software design using the “C” language
Experience with the following - embedded Firmware, Object Oriented languages: C, C++, C#, Java
Solid knowledge of hardware
Real time software experience using microcontrollers and RTOS
Knowledge of microprocessor hardware interfacing techniques, such as IIC, SPIbus, EEprom, Flash, RS232/485, analog interfaces, etc.
Knowledge of control systems using PID loops
Use and understanding of interrupt structures
Experience using debugging tools such as ICE
- Automotive experience preferred not required
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
Generac offers an excellent benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, vacation, bonus program, employee stock purchase program, company matched 401K, relocation assistance, career development and more!
Location/Region: Greater Milwaukee Area