WVIR-TV/NBC29 seeks a full-time Master Control Operator to join our Operations Team. The Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals. If you are detail oriented and comfortable working in a deadline driven environment, then we’d like to hear from you.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Good dexterity and hand/eye coordination necessary
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, and a fast learner
- Able to sit for long periods of time
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Work with engineering to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions
- Provide accurate counts and cues to Control Room
- Document all discrepancies
- Ingest and prepare video content onto servers
- Verify all material airing by referencing program logs
- Complete all necessary documentation and reports in a timely manner
- Monitor on-air signals for quality control
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule for this full-time position is TBD.
NBC29 offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees, including but not limited to health insurance coverage, 401(K) options, and paid time off.
Qualified applicants should send resume, along with a completed NBC29 application (available at nbc29.com/jobs ) to:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
503 E. Market St.
Charlottesville, VA 22902
or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes not accompanied by NBC 29 application will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
Location/Region: Charlottesville, VA